Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Soooo glad it's over!

I know the election will continue to be in the news for a while, but at least the phone calls will stop. American Crossroads, you are the most annoying people out there! For one thing, I voted early, by mail in ballot, so your phone calls did nothing but annoy me.

And the attack ads will stop. At least until American voters realize that once again, the people that they've elected on the basis of "change" really don't have a magic wand and the next two years are going to be as big a struggle as the previous two years...

Sorry, I've kept quiet until now, but Obama is not the root of all evil. He inherited a lousy situation: a poor global economy, a not so popular war. He's not done all bad, change just hasn't come fast enough for most American voters (Because again, he doesn't have a magic wand!).

But the Tea Party platform of cutting taxes while retaining services is ABSOLUTELY FUCKING STUPID! Going back to "the way things were in the times of the Founding Fathers" is just STUPID. We cannot reasonably go back to that era because things change. And frankly, I'm happy with my right to vote, with every citizen's right to vote. I'm ok with paying my taxes to support public education, a police and fire department and services to help those who need it (Yes social services needs to be reformed, but that's another rant). I'm ok with hunters paying a fee to go hunting on public and private lands, it keeps the herds from getting wiped out and it helps supports public lands. I'm ok with fishing licenses for the same reason. I'm ok with auto registration fees, 'cause something is needed to help pay for the miles of roads in our states. Frankly, I'm ok with all these voluntary fees. That's right, voluntary. You don't want to pay a registration, don't drive. you don't want to pay for a hunting or fishing license, don't hunt or fish.

But really, I didn't intend to rant here. I meant to celebrate. The end of the phone calls, attack ads and speculation. And the fact that Amendment 62 failed in Colorado. And the passage of Referred Measure 2C. (I honestly don't have a problem with medical marijuana. What I have a problem with are the few bad apples who spoiled it for the lot. The pot shop in front of my local high school, the big mouth who went on the news bragging, in a shit economy no less, about how he was pulling in $300k a year selling pot, which is guess what, still a Federal offense. The message boards where MMJ users brag about getting high "legally." That's the kind of stuff that makes us vote you all out.)

No comments:

For me.

It's been a long winter. Mentally, I feel even worse off than I was before, though things are finally looking up. I abandoned the gym. I...