Thursday, January 14, 2016

So very sad

I didn't know them, but that doesn't mean they didn't enhance my life somehow.  When Lemmy died, I was sad, I love Motorhead, and I loved the straight talking Lemmy.

When David Bowie died, a piece of my childhood died as well.  I grew up with the 80s Bowie, suit and tie, pop music.  As I got older I discovered older Bowie, in his Ziggy Stardust years.  He was brilliant.

But I have to say, it's the death of Alan Rickman that nearly has me in tears.  I adored him as the evil Hans Gruber in Die Hard, the nasty Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood and as the delightfully dead pan Alexander Dane in Galaxy Quest.  I even loved him in Dogma as Metatron and the tempted, fallen Harry in Love, Actually.  And from the moment I saw him on screen as Snape, that was it.  Snape was my favorite character in Harry Potter (and darn you WB, for cutting so much of Snape out of The Prisoner of Azkaban!).

His voice, his smile, even his glare, made me smile and shiver.  He was the one man left on my "list," he just got better looking as he got older.  The world will be a much duller place with out Alan Rickman.

No comments:

For me.

It's been a long winter. Mentally, I feel even worse off than I was before, though things are finally looking up. I abandoned the gym. I...