Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Yums!

This post is all about food ;)

Today has been a comfort food/junk food day.  For lunch I had a grilled peanut butter & jelly sandwich, which totally brings back my childhood.  And then while buying the kiddo a new water bottle tonight I found Ho Hos.  I hadn't had a Ho Ho since I was pregnant with her, 16 years ago!  So the box wound up in my little basket and came home with me.

I went out to water my tomato plant today and noticed something bright red in my jalapeno plant.  Yesterday everything was green, today I had a bright red pepper.  I now have a full sandwich baggie in the freezer and there are still nearly 20 peppers on the plant.  Yay!  And we've still been using them fresh off the plant as well.  We had amazing burgers the other day.  G mixes bacon pieces, diced jalapeno and onion in with the meat so every bite has flavor.  Soo good.

But my new favorite recipe is sooo easy.  Two boneless chicken breasts, a can of green enchilada sauce, a chicken bouillon cube and I throw in a tablespoon of taco seasoning.  Cook in a crock pot on low until the chicken pretty much falls apart.  I pull the meat out and shred it, then add some of the sauce to the meat to coat.  Then I take a can of refried black beans and divide it into 4 portions.  Grab 4 burrito sized tortillas and spread the beans along the center.  Put some of the chicken on top and roll up your burrito, place in greased baking dish.  Brush with vegetable oil.

I cook them at 350°F for about 30 minutes, uncovered.  I finish them under the broiler until they're golden brown and crispy.

I serve them with topped with the sauce and cheddar cheese.  So yummy!

We've been eating a lot of chicken.  I make chicken tacos in the crock pot, too.  In fact, this is where I got my recipe for taco seasoning.   Get the recipes here:  Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos & Taco Seasoning.

The crock pot is probably one of my favorite things.  During the summer it keeps me from having to run the oven for too long, and in the winter it's so good for soups.

No comments:

For me.

It's been a long winter. Mentally, I feel even worse off than I was before, though things are finally looking up. I abandoned the gym. I...