Monday, April 30, 2012

Weird weekday

Instead of being at work this morning, I am at home, on hold with Century Link. I had a rare 3 day weekend, and while it's great, taking care of all the stuff that I have put off because I am never home Monday-Friday 9-5 is taking forever.

The good news is:
-The kiddo now has an appointment to get her last round of immunizations
-There's a gift card for $90 on its way so I can replace my "office" chair that has its left arm hanging by a thread and threatens to tip over whenever you lean back at all.
-Century Link just dropped my bill by $57 a month! And gave me my long distance service back to boot!

So now all I have to do is:
-hit the bank at some point today to deposit a few checks.
-go to the library
-visit my LYS, since it's right across from the library and drool over the Big Bag O' Fun again!

And on a completely unrelated topic, when the heck did OTC allergy meds get so expensive?? My nose is stuffy, my eyes are itchy and I thought I would grab something and see if it helped. OUCH!

We did get some very sad news over the weekend. My husband's grandmother has died. There's absolutely no way he can get back for the funeral (airfare is nuts and then add in the fact that his passport has expired and that's the end of that!). I wonder how much it costs to send flowers overseas??

No comments:

For me.

It's been a long winter. Mentally, I feel even worse off than I was before, though things are finally looking up. I abandoned the gym. I...