Sunday, November 08, 2009

No inspiration

After Halloween I needed a new design for the blog. And I just can't find anything that inspires me to design something myself. My creativity is at an all time low. Part of this is a lack of decent free image sites. Years ago, I used to make a bit of extra money by designing Moveable Type websites. Back then there were wonderful sites, run by talented photographers and artists who just wanted to share their art with others. I still have images from some of those sites tucked away, and I have over 100 old blog designs saved (not all designed by me, I had a partner at the time and I still have all her designs as well).

Out of all those designs can I find anything that grabs me and makes me want to use it? Heck no. Mind you, part of that is pure laziness on my part. They are all coded for old MT, not the new Blogger. So there would be a bit of work involved to redo them for this blog. And I just can't seem to find the drive to do so.

Especially not when there are some amazing premade templates out there. In fact, I've not designed my own blog for ages, because I have found so many fun templates out there already.

I do know I need to get out of this creative funk. I knit for a bit the other night on the bag that will not end. Got bored. So no knitting. No writing in years. Now no design. (Which is especially bad when someone asks me to design something at work! Oops.).

Anyhoo. Guess I'll stop whinging and go take advantage of someone else's creativity and read ;)

No comments:

For me.

It's been a long winter. Mentally, I feel even worse off than I was before, though things are finally looking up. I abandoned the gym. I...