Thursday, April 23, 2009

Jumped the shark

*Sigh* I used to love the tv show Ghost Hunters. I loved the way the went into an investigation with the intent to debunk and put homeowners fears to rest. To hear the "H" word from Jason was a rare thing, and usually had to be pried out of him by other team members.

But over the last several seasons the team has primarily gone into commercial locations, locations that I suspect are less interested in help getting rid of a ghost than they are in proving a haunting, purely to cash in on the additional revenue a haunting can bring in.

My first hint of things to come was when the crew went to the Moss Beach Distillery. The Moss Beach is a well known fake, with gizmos planted through out the building to "enhance" guests experiences. If I knew the place was a fake, why the hell didn't GH? They either need to boost their research or they went in with the intent of "exposing" the fakery to boost their rep.

I don't think I've seen an episode over the last two seasons that hasn't offered up some evidence of the paranormal, unless maybe a more recent epi in an old bowling alley where my hopes were falsely raised that the debunking was back.

Things like jacket collars so very obviously pulled, hangers conveniently tossed from off camera, EVPs that are just soooo damned convenient, they've all made me very skeptical of the show. And don't get me started on GHI!

But last night was the final straw. GH has jumped the shark. To investigate their own "haunted" inn was just too much! And to pull GHI into to give it an air of respectability... Whew. What's that smell? Something stinks of blatant and shameless self-promotion.

Bye - bye Ghost Hunters. I'll miss Steve and Tango's antics, but I'm so over Grant and Jason :(

No comments:

For me.

It's been a long winter. Mentally, I feel even worse off than I was before, though things are finally looking up. I abandoned the gym. I...